Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a lovely wartime Walther PP with a Panograph slide, Serial #346xxxP, that I purchased some 20 years ago for $150.

Download Attachment: WaltherPPa.jpg
74.74KB

The bluing is worn, but it shoots like a dream, is accurate and has a 1.5 lb SA trigger pull.

I would like to get a spare mag for it (it's 7.65mm), but I don't know where to go to get one. I've seen mags at shows, but they always have the ridge running up the seam. Does anyone know if these mags will fit the old model PP's or, does anyone know where I can find one that doesn't have seam, and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Sorry for the picture, it's the only one I have, and I took the Serial # off. I'm going to try to get some pics of the other side, if I can get the digital camera away from the wife.

If any one knows when it was manufactured, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello,
this PP was made in 1944. So it does not have the "pantographed" SN on the rhs. of the slide, but just the regular, late "roll-on" SN.
The mag should have "PP 7,65 m/m" plus banner - no vertical ridge:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marschall,

Thanks for the information. The mag that came with it is some kind of repro. It has no markings at all, and appears to be a lot newer than the pistol.
Thanks for setting me straight on 'pantograph'. I had always assumed it refered to the legend on the left side, rather than the serial #.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.