Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want to copy this revolver, but what do I know ! It is a rather crudely made example but in mint condition of Caliber 320 , which I am told is a near copy of the 32 Smith & Wesson round. It appears to be an English Bulldog copy made by a Beligum firm who either had the weapon captured at the retailer's shop or its factory and then had it shipped to Germany to be sold in the German firm of J.G. Anschultz . It had the nitro Eagle N proofs applied before being sold there. Somewhere it had an excellent unmarked ersatz holster made to accompany it.
Download Attachment: DSC01945.jpg
272.45 KB

Download Attachment: DSC01946.jpg
279.15 KB

Download Attachment: DSC01947.jpg
273.61 KB

Download Attachment: DSC01948.jpg
136.81 KB

Download Attachment: DSC01956.jpg
124.45 KB The stampings of F.D.C. is unknown , but could be the firm that made this weapon. Below that is stamped the known initials of J.G.A.'s firm who sold it.

Download Attachment: DSC01952.jpg
109.09 KB I cannot accept that the serial number and its suffix "A" represents enough of this weapon manufactured to require it to have a suffix but there you have it.

Download Attachment: DSC01951.jpg
99.97 KB The yoke shows the last two digits as does the take down rod. The rear of the cylinder is also stamped with the last two digits but numbered three flutes apart from one another.

Download Attachment: DSC01954.jpg
178.46 KB The star D represents the Beligum inspector who inspected and passed this weapon while the crown over "R" is the Beligum nitro proof for a revolver. The German nitro eagle N is also co-located not only on the frame but also on the cylinder flute. Whatever the letter "C" refers to that follows the 320 escapes me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.