Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello alll
I would like to post a few photos of a Police cleaning rod I have had for a while and do not know if it is original or a clever reproduction.
Hopefully one of the forum memberes will know. Thanks for any info.

Download Attachment: Mvc-003f.jpg
46.81KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-004f.jpg
48.4KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-006f.jpg
76.53KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-007f.jpg
37.87KB

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hello Ed,

In Eugene Bender's large book on Luger holsters and accessories on pages 300-302; there are several cleaning tools very similar to yours shown. The photo credits indicate they are in Don Rousseau's collection and Reinhard Kornmayer's collection. The only differences I can see amongst yours and those shown in the book is that notch in the rod where the stamping occurs on your rod and the ones shown in the book are numberically stamped (with police unit property numbers???)...

Yours is similar to the ones shown in the book having seven (7) rings on the wooden handle...the LP-08 and Navy rods seemed to have only six (6) rings on the wooden handle.

If you do not have this book, drop me an email at "[email protected]" and I would be happy to scan and email you these 3 pages with the photos...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Pete
Thank you for your reply.
I have copies of most books dealing with the Luger pistols and from trying to compair this rod to the photos in the books there were none pictured with a police or military stamping on a milled flat in the shaft. I guess my thinking was why would someone try and fake a police rod, but make & mark it in such a way.
Thanks
Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.