Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This holster is one I bought off of e-bay a month or two ago. It s in good shape, its shape is different, and its loading tool pouch is backwards to most? (out of all my holsters, it is the only one this way?)

How many times have you seen this in a loading tool pouch?

Download Attachment: Squat3.jpg
86.92 KB

Download Attachment: Squat1.jpg
130.52 KB

Download Attachment: Squat2.jpg
113.66 KB

Download Attachment: Image1.jpg
27.22 KB

Download Attachment: Image2.jpg
52.96 KB

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Ed, never seen such a thing. I wonder if some apprentice didn't get his bottum smacked for that.

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys kill me...

I just thought it odd, but haven't looked close enough or studied long enough to know if this was common. In fact, until I decided to look at all my holsters last night, I hadn't noticed.

Got a good deal on this holster so I am happy, and damn, it sure is a Monday here for me!

Ed

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,454 Posts
Ed, This is unusual to be sure. I have never seen it before. This holster also has some other interesting construction charecteristics.

The tool pouch top flap is squared off at the tip, not tapered as most are.

The stitching on the closure flap is widely spaced and not sewn in the normal manner.

The front of the body is cut more widely at the left top than most. This could be a later modification.

There is no lifting strap.

There is an unexplained line of stitching on the top flap that goes through the tool pouch.

There appears to be a hole towards the front of the top flap where a stud was once installed.

It was once an Army, WW1 and converted to Police.
Ed, I would love to see this holster up close. If you still have it when I return to Colorado I will try to see it.

Jerry Burney

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gladly, if I do come out to Arizona for training, I will bring it with me, or I can send it to you for your review at any time.

Thanks, I wondered if it was some kind of made for other gun, then adapted to a luger. Also, I haven't checked the company to see when / if they made luger holsters.

Ed

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Jerry, your more in depth observations bespeak one of the advantages of not enjoying the pleasures of "the grape" on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Inside of the holster should be a LG mark. I know these holster with the Dreyse 9 mm pistol. Normaly is unter the flap a holder( sorry for my poor English) for a magazine. This holster is for footsoldiers ( sorry for... ). There exist a variation for mounted soldiers. This holster was altered for the PO8. I know same of these and got one in Norway altered for NATO-belt. But what´s with the LG mark? I thought about it some hours during the last years. Kaiser Wilhelm got the ( or was protected by the ) Leibgarde. Maybe LG stands for it maybe not. Scio nescio ( I know that I know nothing )

·
Copper Bullet Member
3,519 Posts
Ed, this holster was designed for the 9-mm Dreyse and purchased by the Imperial Prussian Landgendarmerie, hence the L.G. stamp inside the holster. For some reason, the pistols were never delivered and the holsters were surplused. Many, like yours, were converted into P08 holsters for the police. I can't make out the stippled-out mark on the back of the holster but I will bet that it starts S.Kö.I. The Schupo of Köln apparently used many of these.

Fritz Müller has several of these holsters that were never used or converted.

·
Copper Bullet Member
3,519 Posts
Ron, I don't think that L.G. 9-mm Dreyses exist. There was an announcement in 1912 that the Landgendaremerie had ordered 5,600 of these but no L.G. marked Dreyses have been observed and the only holsters reported either were never used or were converted like Ed's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.