Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a "new" holster I bought from Russ, it is only marked with an 8 on the rear, there appears to be a marking on the inside, but it is so faint I can't tell if it is a Imperial clothing depot marking. Overall it is in good shape, stitching is tight and leather is nice.

There is one Bender's Luger holsters and accessories that is very close, but this one is pretty much a match for a "normal" luger holster.

Download Attachment: Weimar016.jpg
148.22 KB

Download Attachment: Weimar012.jpg
105.83 KB

Download Attachment: Weimar014.jpg
117.68 KB

Download Attachment: Weimar006.jpg
23.01 KB

Download Attachment: Weimar004.jpg
58.31 KB

Download Attachment: Weimar005.jpg
19.95 KB

Tool pouch is a bit rough, but not as rough as it looks in the pictures.
Download Attachment: Weimar007.jpg
39.22 KB

I would like opinions on if anyone else has one like this one, or seen one?

Ed

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Ed, They got those on sale at Wal-mart. Two for $3.98.I saw Russ with a cart full the other day:D

Kind of a neat holster. Was it made that way or is it a conversion?
What ever it is they must have made at least 8 of them.:) I would think it's probably a commercial. A Hell of alot more practical than the military design.

Ron

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,454 Posts
Ron, You will notice there are no stitching holes where an Army type buckle and strap would have been placed. I believe this holster was made this way. Jerry Burney

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Jerry, In the close up of the tab and stud there appeared to to be marks that I thought could be stitch holes. I could'nt see it clearly enough to tell. But I can tell by the way the tab is attached that you are correct.
Ron

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry, was wondering where you were, hadn't heard from you!

Seems like a nice holster, wish you were here to look at it? If I send you something, or come out there, I'll bring a couple of them...

Did the inside looking test and holes appear original, front and back...

Ed

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,454 Posts
Ed, I have been in Yuma and have been extremely busy catching up with my holster repair. I had to take a couple of weeks off to move here so it piled up. I still have a week to ten days to go...Not much time to peruse the site on my favorite subject! Jerry Burney

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Ed
Interesting stud closure type holster. Page 132, Weimar Lugers, is a photograph dated 1922/1923 that shows a police relief guard in Duisburg. The police all have stud closure holsters (Note: these are not cut down modified artillery holsters.).

New manufactured dated police holsters did not start to show up until 1928/1929 (see page 176, top, Weimar Lugers). This suggests that the holsters used by the police prior to 1928/1929 were Imperial Army holsters modified with stud closure. (also, the type of new manufactured holster shown on the bottom of page 174 of Weimar Lugers may have been used prior to 1927/1928. However, I have not observed dates on these holsters.)
Jan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.