Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. The made In Germany.
2. I would expect a anchor and not a eagle.
3. The engraving doesn't look correct. As in the marks in the metal where the bit did it's work doesn't look right.
4. The eagle is lacking some details I would expect.
Those are my first impressions.

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
792 Posts
$4250 starting bid but No Reserve. I love it when they do that.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
It looks to good to be true and at that bargain price too. Non-Named expert?, Luger with the same number? Export marked? there are plenty of RED flags for me too.

"This has been Examined by The Most Knowledgeable Mauser Collector in the U.S. and has been deemed Totally Correct and Authentic." Why would the seller feel it necessary to make this statement?

Regards,

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
The Most Knowledgeable Mauser Collector in the U.S.

I'd just like to know who that is. :confused::rolleyes:

Sure is a "funky" M.

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
792 Posts
to compare: this is my Weimar Navy with SN 502452 (unfortunately with British post war proofs...)
Nice one. I have a Wiener Waffenfabrik Little Tom 7.65mm pistol that has British proofs. It doesn't bother me. It is part of its history. My opinion.

·
Registered
487 Posts
In this regard, I‘m not a „fundamentalist“ either - on a military gun, however, a foreign proof bothers me significantly more than on a civilian gun.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
No, It was not me. I would suggest the sum of knowledge of Mausers collectors here on this forum to be the "Most Knowledgeable" group and not just here, in the US rather in the world.

Regards,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts