Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

What do you think the collector market is doing right now as far as prices?

5K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  JGW 
If you really want a collector piece that will most likely hold it's historical value and maybe over time even increase it's value, I would recommend an Imperial WWI Luger, like Ron Wood I believe anything after 1918 is a reproduction. Some of my guns have been refinished, because they were in bad shape. I don't disturb an original Luger that is in good original condition. A lot of collectors don't agree with me and would never touch a Luger that has been re-blued or refinished regardless how bad a shape it's in. It's a big world and there's a ton of original finish Lugers to satisfy your taste if that's what you want to collect. Obviously a Luger that has had anything done to it to affect the original finish does not have the value of a good original Luger, having said that, I like shiney guns which in the eyes of many makes me a outcast. Collect what you like, it's your money, collecting Lugers is not a cheap hobby and there a lot of fakes out there but they are usually confined to the more desirable and expensive Lugers. I have original and refinished Lugers in my collection and I love them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.