Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mauser luger, non matching magazine, some wear but bid up to 10000 with time to go, see it at Gunbroker 919731644.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hope the experts chime in and explain why. I do not understand why the the bidding is so high on this listing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The description does not match the photographs. The description says 42 dated chamber the images show a 41 dated chamber. It's a decent enough looking pistol but the 10K bid is lunacy (IMHO). 2K on a good day is more realistic.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The 65 bid history tells a bit of a story with people who have one/four feedback rating getting into a biding war.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
dang, I hope those two fools are around next time I sell something...Bill

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Well, Obi-whon, please inform us?? The only thing I thought about was the "41" date with the "P-08" on the side of the frame.
VWMAN.
So, Luke, it appears that the three bidders who went past $8,000 used the Force to read the description with care. Right near the end of the Item Description, it is revealed that the pistol is the PYF. Many who just gave a cursory glance would have missed that important factor.

A BYF with matching mag and 80% is a $1,700 gun.

A PYF is $10,025.

And don't go into the cave.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So, Luke, it appears that the three bidders who went past $8,000 used the Force to read the description with care. Right near the end of the Item Description, it is revealed that the pistol is the PYF. Many who just gave a cursory glance would have missed that important factor.

A BYF with matching mag and 80% is a $1,700 gun.

A PYF is $10,025.

And don't go into the cave.
That is funny! And in my case especially funny because I have a P-38 marked "CVO" instead of "CYQ". I was thinking of making a cute story about it being a post war Russian stamp designation.
mji-1198

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Winning bidder has 1 feedback, won't pay and trashed an auction for fun. When anybody can bid, anybody does.

When this happens to me I wait a week or two and re-list.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
It will be very hard to recover this money in many years. The only way to avoid that is to default.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am thinking it was staged between business partners. Cost nothing. Let us sell your gun. Various guys up to the high 3’s. Which may be current market value in crazy times. The ad was the key

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently saw a similar GB auction in which a run of the mill Winchester Garand hit $7,325 or so... Once again all low feedback bidders. I would have to assume this was trolling and that luger us getting re-listed

1 - 20 of 39 Posts