Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has Swiss emblem on the top of the slide. Caliber is .30 Luger. The rear sight is marine type. The finish seems to be original and all numbers are matching.

I am not very familiar with the swiss pistols. Can you guys give a hand here. Is this a standard S

Download Attachment: Pistole.jpg
211.84KBwiss pistol or something else?

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
Hi,

The lack of a grip safety is a bit strange. My best guess is that it's on of the Post-1920 Swiss commercial style guns, produced by DWM and based on WW1 surplus parts. Perhaps with some local Swiss reworking done on it.

More background info and pictures (toggle/top) would help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is picture from the top.

Download Attachment: Pistole2.jpg
146.17KB
quote:Originally posted by Vlim

Hi,

The lack of a grip safety is a bit strange. My best guess is that it's on of the Post-1920 Swiss commercial style guns, produced by DWM and based on WW1 surplus parts. Perhaps with some local Swiss reworking done on it.

More background info and pictures (toggle/top) would help.

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
Well, well,

It's a reworked LP08 (artillery). Note the edge between barrel and receiver? That is found on LP08's, which have their rear sights set on the barrel and this machined recess facilitates the full movement of the artillery sight.

The DWM/Swiss star combo, together with the LP08 rework seem consistent with a DWM 1920's rework. The Navy rearsight and the modified front sight are a combination I have not seen before. Perhaps some local Swiss additions?

Any other markings on receiver/frame/barrel?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don´t have more information from the markings, sorry. A friend of mine owns this pistol and I´ll have to take more photos when I´ll visit him next time.

quote:Originally posted by Vlim

Well, well,

It's a reworked LP08 (artillery). Note the edge between barrel and receiver? That is found on LP08's, which have their rear sights set on the barrel and this machined recess facilitates the full movement of the artillery sight.

The DWM/Swiss star combo, together with the LP08 rework seem consistent with a DWM 1920's rework. The Navy rearsight and the modified front sight are a combination I have not seen before. Perhaps some local Swiss additions?

Any other markings on receiver/frame/barrel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.