Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this one at last weeks Crossroads Show in Phoenix and I am not sure what it was. Maybe one of you could enlighten me.
1) Grip Safety
2) 1906 Frame(?) with Gesichert on the bottom.
3) Crown "N" proofs on the left receiver and barrel bottom.
4) No toggle markings, other than the DWM logo.
5) S/N 82167 on barrel bottom and front of frame. No other exterior parts serialized and I didn't field strip it to look inside. No alpha suffix.
6) .30 cal, but with a 3 7/8" or 4" barrel and front sight that looked like the 1906 Commercial 9mm pictured on page 99 of Lugers at Random.
7) GERMANY marked on the left rail and receiver just forward of the side plate.
8) No chamber date or markings.
Thx for any input, Lyn

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Lyn
Is the C/N upright or lazy. The serial number indicates a 1923 Commercial(better called 20 DWM or Weimar 5 digit sn)with a grip safety (rare).
Jan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dwight/Jan,
Memory is failing me a bit and how I wished I had brought my camera. I'm positive it was the new model frame and that the Crown N was lazy. What really threw me was the location of the word "Gesichert" being on the lower part of the receiver versus the upper side that I am accustomed to. I'll have to re-visit Weimar Lugers, because I had missed any reference previously to a serial number that high. Thanks for your input and anynother ideas you have are welcome. Would also appreciate some idea of how you might value this one as I still have the option to pick it up. It's about a 95-98% blue remaining piece with just some high point wear. Thx, Lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.