Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
OK there you have it.

Someone posted somthing about c96's being used in WWII to Massacre Italian Jews not long ago in the same fashon.

Trolling for racists buy putting pics like that into web sites who cater to collectors of axis weapons to make them feel guilty about collecting inanimate articles is inapropriate to say the least.I have found every person on this board to be well behaved thoughtfull gentlemen. I think that posts like that should be made on forums where people spout rascism. Your time would be much better spent there.

Never Forget, does not mean alway's remind.

I had realatives killed in the Kayn Massacre by the soviets "8" of them. I own a 1937 dated TT33 should I be flogged for it?

Aufaffe

· Registered
492 Posts
Interesting.
I didn't see the photo, but have followed our postings.
I never thought that anyone would do anything like this.
Could he have been some anti-gun or anti-American nut trying to bait us into engaging in some sore or racist diatribe?
Is this possible, or am I just paranoid ?
Pancho

· Administrator
16,738 Posts
Pancho, this is why we ask the membership to give us a name, good email, and state, it keeps most people from posting things like that.

Now I know why Jan called and left me a message, and like you didn't see anything but the following messages.

I know some people that just post to be a jerk, luckily, not on this forum or others of the like, and we'll try to keep it that way....

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I just intended to identify these pistols. Sorry for any inconvenience associated,the following is a revised version. Especially the RHS one,that is!

I was serious! Photograph deleted and membership blocked.
Jan and Ed

· Registered
492 Posts
Hey men,

I just saw the photo on the PPK forum and they discussed it civily. I need to rethink my opinion on this matter. The PPK forum members, in a very civil and balanced manner, ID'ed the pistols and condemned the action. I think we are capable of such civil behavior on this forum. I think we are a pretty astute, intelligent and civil bunch.

I've seen graphic and detailed moving pictures (film clips, not just a still) of executions on the History Channel, a formidable venue with a sizeable and public audience , ie. Jap troops discharging their rifles into the heads of kneeling and bound Chinese civilians; or a young German boy executed by American GI's. He braces against a pole, the line of GI's ready themselves and fire carbines and rifles at him, a dusty mist springs from his chest, he stiffens and falls over dead. I've seen this on the History Channel. I believe that most of us would consider this gruesome and bloody, but valid history. It's not pretty, but it's not supposed to be.

I've seen this photo in question. It could be the execution by Germans of German deserters, and that is why the execution is carried out by non-com and officer, and why it is witnessed by uniformed troops standing at-ease in formation. The uniforms of the prisoners are in good shape and look like stripped Wehrmacht gear.

We collect military pistols, and military pistols are used to kill people, and the usage by specific ranks and formations is important to collectors. A photo depicting a Wehrmacht officer or non-com using, not just posing with, a 38H or PP is important.

I think the condemnation of the individual that made this posting might be a bit over the top.
Sometimes, any of us can over react.

My 2 cents.
Pancho

· Administrator
16,738 Posts
I agree with what you say Pancho, but the other side of the coin is, that Jan left the picture, told the guy it wasn't acceptable, decided he didn't like the photo on his forum, so he deleted it and locked the guys membership (a temporary measure), so he made another membership account and posted the same picture, albeit cropped.

Both Jan and I feel that these guns are part of history, and as an example, displaying a picture of a SS officer and asking what kind of pistol it was, would be acceptable, a rather inflamatory picture of an execution goes against Jan and mine sensibilities. So censorship or not, and yes it is history, we would rather not have this kind of photo displayed on Jan's forum.

Ed

· Registered
124 Posts
I All
I am a weapons collector for years and I presume than some of them kill people (during fight, and may be war crime) but this forum is for (I hope and I am sure) collectors and we must take care about the sensibility of war victims and familly especcialy those which died in concentration camps and during the german occupation in east territory (there is an excellent book write by an american guy this year about the german spirit (officers and soldiers) against the population in the East, I can give you the tittle tonight if you want)
I have no trouble about waffen SS, heer officers and soldiers pics carring weapons but I think execution pics aren't the good way to serve our passion for the rest of the people who don't like weapons.
One of my parents was kill in july 1944 in France by the same way like hostage and is body buried in a secret place by germans. Was the war and I have no hate about our actuals "neighbours" (my main company is Austrian...)
regards at all
and sorry again for my english and my "old world sensibility"
Hervé

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.