Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the more expericenced collectors here have seen for a good deal on a Luger,PPK,or whatever gun in this field available.Maybe its something you already have a better example of in your collection or something not in your area of interestthat you passed on but thought it was a good deal.
Would be helpful to us newbies to have some more experienced collectors opinions of good deals they see as we search the g/a,gunbroker,auction arms dealer sites and gun shops for smart purchase's.
Hopeing to hear from some "investment advisor's".
thanks,
Dave K

· Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Totally correct, forced matched , DDR unit marked "VOPO" Luger for $400-$600.

These pistols are usually importer marked, most discreetly, and are 100% legitimate examples of a historical Luger.

· Registered
3,508 Posts
Dave,

Hmmmmmm, if it is a good deal I usually buy it!

Since my primary interest is in the P.38 I usually wind up buying them if they are priced right, even if I have an example in my collection. You never know when someone will want to trade for something you have.

It is important to really know about the guns you are buying as a "good deal" can be a nightmare for those who are not knowledgeable. Read, study, listen ask questions and then buy.

About 3 weeks ago I bought an AC45 missing the final acceptance stamp for $500.00 with a spare mag, I thought that was a good deal as the gun is in 98% and the guy needed money to buy a 1911. Here is a picture:

Download Attachment: AC45nofinale359.jpg
150.57KB

When I was looking at Gunsamerica about six months ago I bought this "dual tone" for $495.00.

Download Attachment: byf44phosphate1.jpg
163.33KB

So there are deals out there, the hunt is half the fun. However, you really need to know what you are buying.

Production numbers for AC45's are about 32,000 guns and for dual tones about 30,000 guns. Some folks will rate a dual tone finish as less than desirable because they don't realize it is phosphated and think it looks worn.

Mark

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Mark and Geo for the posts and input.I do enjoy the "hunt" as well and like to hear about other "hunters" finds and where they found them.Always helpful to the newbies.Welcome other "best buy" experience's as well
Best,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.