Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1914 Erfurt LP.08 numbered 3602 a and it came with a wooden based mag marked " 3104 + C/something..." it fits perfect and in pretty good condition.

I have another mag marked " 771 a + " and it is too tight to really seat properly into the pistol....

While the 771 a is technically only 2831 away from the pistol, the lack of that Crown/letter(letters?) tells me it is a DMW mag, not an Erfurt which would have that mark, am I correct?

The 3104 + Crown/letter mag is technically only about 15,000 pistols away, being EARLIER with no letter, and the pistol being later, with the "a" serial number.....

Am I reading this correctly guys? While the 771 a is in the same letter group, with no Crown proof, it is probably DWM, right? So the 3104 would be a better "match" for this un-matched pistol/magazine example....

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Chuck -

I would go with the Erfurt mag with an Erfurt Luger. The other doesn't come close to a match anyway. I am away from home at the moment, but I have a spare Erfurt magazine; can't remember the number. Since I only collect DWMs I would be willing to consider a trade for your DWM magazine if they are of comparable quality AND if it is a closer match for you. I'll check the number when I get home after the first of January and get back. Someone else on the forum might also be willing to do such a trade.

Just my op.

Luke

·
Registered
594 Posts
Chuck -

I would go with the Erfurt mag with an Erfurt Luger. The other doesn't come close to a match anyway. I am away from home at the moment, but I have a spare Erfurt magazine; can't remember the number. Since I only collect DWMs I would be willing to consider a trade for your DWM magazine if they are of comparable quality AND if it is a closer match for you. I'll check the number when I get home after the first of January and get back. Someone else on the forum might also be willing to do such a trade.

Just my op.

Luke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.