Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what method to use to fill in proofmarks,etc. I have tried enamel paints but there has to be an easier way.

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
There are several ways, some people use white out (you can brush it in, but I imagine it is messy), then you can use white grease pencil or use white sticks that you get from Brownells or other places.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Robert F.

Could anyone tell me what method to use to fill in proofmarks,etc. I have tried enamel paints but there has to be an easier way.
Well, I can share with you how *I* do this. I caution you strongly that I do not know what adverse affect this could have on the strawing and bluing or finish on any firearm, therefore if you click the link do so only AT YOUR OWN RISK. However, I have outlined how I have done this to my own guns at:http://www.memorableplaces.com/m1garand/whitelettering/whitelettering1.html have in the past worked for me.

Again, please look at this only as a window into how *I* do such things and not as any form of advice nor as a suggestion that you try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.