Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is it because its a Polish one and they seem rare?

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm serious. I have one like it, but I fail to see the rarity. Don't know if mine is a unicorn or not and would like to know.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I read the description and it says, "very unique."

Any more questions?

But seriously, it is rare. It may or may not have a German Swastika proof on the barrel, but it has no Waffenamt. By interpolating from Mark's collection, the WaA776 appeared between serial 15949 abd 18587. Perhaps the early serial of this gun, 11329 had no German proofs at all? Dunno. Anyway, pre-German marked guns are rare.

CZ 27

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine is serial number 121993 and has no wafs.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Pre98 uses "unicorn rare" in a lot of their descriptions. Legacy likes "minty"

My favorite is "one of a kind" for fabricated BS on phoenix

·
Registered
314 Posts
The description in the title says "Never Seen". So I guess we are not seeing it now either?
Just a nonsensical description to hype the item. "Very Unique" indeed. The only thing more rare will be someone willing to pay that price.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
My oh my, not many Czech collectors here I see. The pistol in question is rare because it is pre-war Czech military proofed. It is the only CZ-27 I've ever seen with Czech military proofs. It actually is an extremely rare gun and I see no indicators that it is fake, I also know that he bought the gun as it is shown; he has not humped this particular gun. It is interesting that he clearly pictures the Finnish magazine yet makes no mention of it in the description.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My oh my, not many Czech collectors here I see. The pistol in question is rare because it is pre-war Czech military proofed. It is the only CZ-27 I've ever seen with Czech military proofs. It actually is an extremely rare gun and I see no indicators that it is fake, I also know that he bought the gun as it is shown; he has not humped this particular gun. It is interesting that he clearly pictures the Finnish magazine yet makes no mention of it in the description.
My gun is identical except mine is not marked with the caliber.... Bill

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Do you have the angled slide grip serrations? CZ logo on right rear frame?
And the Czech lion with a pre-39 date on the right rear frame?

The Czech military marked CZ 27's are scarce, for sure but the one at the start of this thread offered by Pre-98 is not "Never Seen" or "Very Unique" or even plain old unique. If the seller had just said it was a scarce or rare variation I think most here would not have reacted. Pre-98's description is just a bit too much in my humble opinion.
That is a CZ-24, NOT a 27. Collector's misidentified a 24 as a 27. This should be blatantly obvious to any Czech collector by the rounded side slide versus the slab side slide on a CZ-27.

·
Registered
314 Posts
And the Czech lion with a pre-39 date on the right rear frame?

That is a CZ-24, NOT a 27. Collector's misidentified a 24 as a 27. This should be blatantly obvious to any Czech collector by the rounded side slide versus the slab side slide on a CZ-27.
But aren't CZ 24s in 380? I saw the rounded slide but it's in 32 like a 27 not 380 like a 24.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts