Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I can see "German: German Mfg. (non-P08) Pistols & Holsters" is by far one of the most popular categories...

Why not split it (and maybe also "1900-1918 : German (non-P08) Pistols & Holsters" and "German: Foreign Mfg. Pistols and Holsters.") into more categories?

I think this would make the forum easier to use...
:)

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Peter, Ed, Pancho, and Dave:
There is a need for more subdivisions in the German part of the Axis Pistols section.
Suggestion:
AXIS PISTOLS, 1933-1945
German Mfg. (non-P.O8) Pistols and Holsters:
P.38/HP: Walther,Mauser, Spreework. Army, Police
Mauser: 1934, Hsc: Army, Navy, Police, NSDAP
Walther PP/PPK: Army, Police, NSDAP
Sauer: 38H: Army, Police, NSDAP (also include Berholden Police)
Nazi Era Commercial Pistols and others (All the commercial pistols are included together because they are not Axis Pistols).
Jan
Also note: many of the pistols above were distributed to the Luftwaffe but were not so marked (except holsters)

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
The three (Imperial, Weimar, Nazi) Luger sections need to be split up according to the contents sections, as do German Pistols 1900-1919, German Pistols 1933-1945, and Foreign Mfg. German Pistols. These sections all see significant use. Also, such a contents section will make information much easier to find.
Jan

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
It will require some work to make the old post titles sufficient so the old posts can be moved into the correct catagories in the new format.

In general: type of pistol, serial number, and details such as Army, Navy, Police, rig etc. will suffice.
Jan

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Jan and all, once I figured out how to do it, it was easy. I am sure I will need to fine-tune them, but I have made the following new categories;

German Mfg. (non-P.O8) Pistols and Holsters:
P.38/HP: Walther,Mauser, Spreework. Army, Police
Mauser: 1934, Hsc: Army, Navy, Police, NSDAP
Walther PP/PPK: Army, Police, NSDAP
Sauer: 38H: Army, Police, NSDAP (also Berholden Police)
Nazi Era Commercial Pistols (All comm. pistols)

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Luger Pistols
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | All Subscriptions | Search | FAQ

I am always a little slow concerning computers. How many of you have tried the search function? I just located (see above)and tried the search key. Its at the top right side of any page. If you search under "PP" in the Cerman Mfg. section you will pick up all the Walther PP and PPK posts. If you search 1936 in the Nazi Luger section you will pich up all the 1936 Luger posts. Etc.

Jan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.