Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Here I go again ! I relatively certain that this Holster is an WW2 era Bulgarian P.08 Rig, alter he marking on the Reverse concerns me somewhat ? Firstly, I can't recall ever coming across any of these that were marked, although the markings at least appear to be genuine. Also, this example is apparently the style manufactured without the top flap on the side mounted magazine pocket, whereas others I've observed have the flap, which I take to the earlier production pieces ? ANY input on this will be much appreciated. And, just for reference, I have noted a fair number of these Bulgarian P.08 rigs being offered for sale recently, both on eBay & elsewhere. THANK YOU

Best, Dom P.

Brown Bag Chair Wood Leather
Brown Bag Chair Wood Leather
Brown Metal Fashion accessory Bag Leather
Brown Wood Grey Bag Rectangle
Brown Tints and shades Rectangle Leather Electric blue
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Material property Shoulder bag

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS 'Mauser96', I appreciate your input. These Bulgarian issues fortunately, have always been somewhat easier to confirm, as opposed to some other P.08 types. I too am a little 'concerned' about the German proof, as I can't see why it would have been proofed / inspected by the Germans, as the Bulgarians were Allies, serving alongside the Germans & Italians in Greece, Albania, & elsewhere. Hopefully we'll see a few more opinions ?

Dom P.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Mauser ----- I have a luger holster that came with my "G" date luger just like the one in the 6 o'clock position in your photo above. The back of the holster is stamped with the same serial number as the G date piece. The luger has all matching numbers and is in about 95% original condition. Thanks for showing your holster accumulation.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU Ed !! It definitely concerned me too. From pretty much every Bulgarian example I've ever viewed or handled over the years, I can't recall one with German mkgs like those. Also, for some unknown reason, they're appears to be an inordinate amount of Bulgarian Luger holsters being offered for sale these days on eBay ? There may be some reason I'm not aware of, but it's enough to make me wonder a bit.

Dom

·
Super Moderator
4,814 Posts
GAN was located in Stuttgart. The off chance that they took a train to Bulgaria to stamp a Bulgarian holster is slim to none.

These holsters were dirt cheap in the past and it's no surprise some enterpreneur would stamp them with random German markings in order to up the price.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10-04 on that 'Vilm' ! I had happened across it while browsing, & because very curious / suspicious about that particular mkg. It appears that I wasn't alone. THANKS

Dom P.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts