Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty interesting, bought off of ebay.
I have seen a few items for sale that say World of Lugers, like this;
Gas Machine Engineering Office supplies Metal

I knew that Costanzo and Shattuck had tried to get marketing for items, but to tell you the truth, did not know they were this involved.

See scanned catalog - say nice stuff, it took 40 mins to scan and crop and edit :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, Sam died about 10 years or less before Ralph. For Simson Lugers I asked for permission on Ralph's personal Simson's, he even brought the 1926 he had? And then he asked his friend Joseph to take book ready pictures for me.
Interesting but when I asked if we could use Costanzo's item in my book (Police or Simson) as Ralph was the executor of the estate, as he told me he had any say in the estate. There was some pushback from one of Ralphs friends and Ralph told them I could use any of the book I wanted. (all in email) - it was a nice gesture and the friend of Ralphs was known to me and we get along.
I wonder what happened to all the paperwork that Ralph had over the years?

·
Super Moderator
5,153 Posts
I found some of Sam Constanzo's copies of Stoeger archive material. He had mistakingly thought he could claim copyright of the material by putting his stamp on it, but that is not how copyright protection works. With company documents, copyright lapses 70 years after creation.

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I always seem to get in on these commentaries a day late......."World-Of-Lugers". I have what seems to be a no-one-ever heard of it gun. Plainly marked 'Importer, World of Lugers, Mayfield, Ohio' in three lines on the slide of a Maadi Helwan.

Does anyone else have any information of WOL in Mayfield, Ohio????

PJH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.