Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Werepig
I will post a series of photographs of a 1911 Erfurt by tomorrow with an explanation in the Imperial Lugers section. If you can post photographs they would be very helpful.
Thanks
Jan

Jan C Still
Site Owner - Operator

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Ivo
Thanks for your excellent photographs and presentation.
Your Luger was manufactured in 1911 by Erfurt, for the German military. Erfurt was a Prussian government owned arms factory located at Erfurt Germany.

It bears crown / scriptic letter inspection stamps on all parts including the grip screws. The right receiver markings consist of three inspection stamps and a test proof. These indicate that your Luger passed all inspections and power proofing. As near as I can tell from the photographs, your Erfurt is all matching except the magazine, which is a post war replacement.

The barrel is a Weimar era/ or later replacement. It bears the full serial number, 8.82 barrel gage, and what are apparently Weimar era eagles.

1911 was the first year that Erfurt produced Lugers. It is a scarce World War I military Luger and you are fortunate to have found one.
Jan

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Ivo
Some Erfurt main axle pins are marked with the eagle(observed 1912-1913). Doesnt seem to make sence, but the Germans did it.

As the Erfurt axle pins were not serial numbered at the factory, I would suggest that it was accomplished post World War I.
Jan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.