Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about the M1 Garands coming from the CMP lately. Are they junk or worth the 400 bucks. I am looking to buy one for a shooter. Thanks

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Rick, I believe many are, some aren't? At the Reno show, the CMP was there, you could pick out the one you wanted, do the appropriate paperwork, then they will mail it to you from Anniston. All depends on what gun you get, but they are checked, headspaced, etc., before shipping.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CMP is the Civilian Marksmanship Program. They exist to promote marksmanship. The guns they sell are meant to be shot and make great shooters. All the guns are test fired before they're shipped, and CMP has great support. You can be like me and pay twice as much to buy from a private collector or you can save $400. I've seen several CMP rifles; all were nice; some were just beautiful. Word is the Greeks have some really beat up stocks, though.

If you want more info, I highly recommend checking out the Garand section of the Battle Rifles forum: http://www.ambackforum.com/index.php.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.