Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$*** NO LONGER AVAILABLE

If you would like to purchase this Nazi Navy Microscope, please post “I’ll take it” as a reply to my listing. If you have any questions and/or need additional pictures, please PM me with the request. I offer a return option, but if you have any questions or concerns about this item, please ask in advance. If you decide to return it, you’ll be responsible for shipping & insurance both ways. It’s pretty heavy inside its wooden case, and not very cheap to ship via FedEx Ground.

This item is a Nazi KM Stamped Microscope made by the firm E. Leitz Wetzlar. The base of this Microscope is stamped with WM10-3910 along with a Nazi Eagle over M along with a letter “L” next to the “M” (see pictures). Not too sure what the “L” means, but when I searched the forum, I found a posting from 06-11-2014 where someone had a Nazi KM Micrometer and was trying to find out the meaning of the L that was stamped next to the “M” on their Micrometer. No answer was provided.

This Microscope comes with a fitted wooden case with a metal carry handle. This case was with the Microscope when purchased it. I can’t find any markings / stampings on the exterior or interior of the box. The Microscope is in very nice condition.

This Microscope has an illumination feature attached to it with a German power plug. The bulb inside the fixture looks like a 112 size flashlight type bulb. The bulb illuminates when I rigged it to power off of a 1.5 volt “D” size battery. I would avoid plugging this into a converter unless it’s capable of reducing / converting the power to just a few volts. I doubt if the bulb can handle much more voltage than that.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think this is for Geology, Zoology, etc, not for examining slides, magnifies the surfaces of objects like rocks, bugs, etc.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Looks like the added "nazi" symbol is a combination of a Police Eagle/L and a KM E/M; should not have both.
I would say the marking is added to boost the value, but the "binocular microscope" is a gem!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03man / Don,
Gee, I guess the market is being flooded (not) with "boosted E/M & Police E/L" marked KM specialty tools/equipment. Doesn't seem like a big money maker to me, but I guess since you have now become the resident expert on KM property issue / inspection markings, that everyone should now cast off my listing as some type of fantasy / boosted item. Thank you!

In my listing, I alluded to a forum posting from 2014 (see below) that displayed the same style E/M with the L next to it. That person never received an answer to his question about the L next to the E/M. I never saw this type of marking before, and doing my research, I found the micrometer posting listed below. I copied a few of his pictures from the original 2014 posting.

I try to play by the rules here, and requested that any questions or concerns about this item be sent via PM to me. The Moderators here have this rule in place to avoid what was just done to my listing. As with any of my listings, if there is no interest within a week, I'll pull the listing and list it elsewhere.

eagle M marking with L; navy?

Hi all,

I know this is not gun related but i'll give it a try anyway... .
I have a micrometer-caliper-gauge form the Keilpart firm. They are known for their precision measurement equipment.
The micrometer is very large and bears a eagle-swas/M L marking.

Does anybody know this marking or does anyone has more info on the gauge?

Thanks,
Kris

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Looks legit to me, but what do I know?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I looked up the Leitz serial numbers manufacturing data. It was manufactured around 1940. So I would guess the Nazi markings are most likely correct.

More importantly, have you used the scope ? are the optics clear ? what is the total magnification ? Will it focus correctly and sharply ? what have you used it on. ? I am interested in it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I looked up the Leitz serial numbers manufacturing data. It was manufactured around 1940. So I would guess the Nazi markings are most likely correct.

More importantly, have you used the scope ? are the optics clear ? what is the total magnification ? Will it focus correctly and sharply ? what have you used it on. ? I am interested in it.
No Answer ? ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay. Was gone for part of the weekend and didn't see your questions(s) until this evening. The optics are clear and the focus / adjustment knobs (dials) functions properly. You can also move the ocular lenses (eye pieces) in/out to focus. The ones that are in this microscope are marked A15 and I think they are 5x magnification. I'm just going by what is on the microscope body (see pictures). I assume that other ocular lens, of different magnifications, can be purchased and used in this microscope. The last time I had use for a microscope was about 45 years ago in my High School Biology Class. I have no need / use for a microscope, so this one stays parked on a shelf with some other KM items as a display item.

For the purpose of checking the optics, as per your question, I viewed a sheet of white paper with small black typed print. The letters were magnified and clear. With that being said, I'm selling this microscope as an 80+ year old collectable Nazi period item. I can't guarantee that this microscope will fit the need and/or requirements of what you plan on using it for. My only concern would be the costs associated with shipping if you did purchase it and are not pleased with it. If you do remain interested in it, you are welcome to PM me and we can discuss any additional questions you may have. Thank you for your interest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts