Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Looking for Artillery Luger
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating getting rid of my WW1 Luger (DWC) I picked up from Legacy and clearing other items in my modern collection to get a C96 or a Steer Hahn in 9x19 (If I can find them). I know many of you dabble into other Central Powers WW1 era pistols. Ideas / thoughts ?

For the record my wife is telling me to not be stupid keep the WW1 and WW2 Luger and shoot the GT built Artillery till my hearts content and keep the collectables. I lucked out on my Lugers being lovely when I got them, I have never shot either of the pistols I am looking into but held them a few times ?

Collectors and friends have you been in my spot ? I posted in this forum rather than sales etc because I'm not doing a closeted "WTS" post I'm just brainstorming

·
Registered
411 Posts
What Doubs said about the Lugers imo, you’ve got yourself a good wife to help you recognize that!

I’ve owned a Steyr-Hahn and it was a lot of fun. Mismatched pre-war Romanian contract slide+barrel assembly, frame was a 1919 mfg and 1930 acceptance date stamp. Was still in 9x23. It was a bittersweet trade in order to get my current Jewel Luger, my Brazilian. I’d definitely get another, but as you saw, I’d make that trade I made to get rid of it for a Luger 100 times over again.

C96’s have never held that much sway or appeal over me. I actually think they look kind of ugly, I just appreciate them for what they are in the world of firearm advancement in the 1890’s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts