Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an original WW1 loading tool to go with my 2nd (or 3rd) generation artillery luger snail drum. Do all of the luger snail drum loading tools fit all three generations of the snail drum? Thanks

· Registered
3,188 Posts
All original snail drum loading tools should fit all original snail drums. And welcome to the forum.
Tim H.

· Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,539 Posts
"All original snail drum loading tools should fit all original snail drums."
Tim, while I believe this in general... on a side note I have found AEG loaders and dust covers to be quite small. All AEG dust covers I have come across have been so tight they would not go on a Bing drum. Loaders are the same..Just a few thousands of an inch difference..You average collector will never run into this though..

· Registered
3,188 Posts
That's an interesting observation, Jerry. After I read your comments, I tried all 3 of my AEG dust covers on Bing drums and they were a snug fit...but they did fit. I then realized that all 3 covers were so worn out and stretched that they would fit any drum!
Tim

11,539 Posts
Tim, I have started AEG covers on Bings and stopped cause I would have trouble getting them off. They're tight no doubt about it.

· Registered
1,797 Posts
I just try with mine :
Loader AEG is quite small on Bing trommels and don't fit/threaded , and the AEG trommel as more space on the Bing loader .

For the dust cover the AEG one can't be threaded completely on my five bing trommels

· Registered
1,797 Posts
The MP18 adapter I have came with a AEG drum purchase, and the adapter will not fit the Bing drum I have without considerable persuasion. It slides easily on the AEG.

David
I own some MP18 adapter , alls fit any trommel : the little spring inside permit that
Your adapter is AEG stamped ?

· Registered
1,797 Posts
Here are some , all are army stamped and on the first pic , you can see the spring : it could be more or less flattened crushed along the width of trommel .

11,539 Posts
It is my opinion that AEG never made any MG adaptors. They would have been made by Bing late in the game so Bing being the larger of the two they would naturally fit either AEG or Bing.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
I think you're right, Jerry. AEG discontinued their manufacture of the drums fairly early in the game.
Tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.