Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this up today. walther pp 247211p, with one mag and Akah ppk marked commercial holster. only proofs are the eagle n on chamber, slide and barrel. got it at a show for $300. how did i do. are commercial pp's common.

Download Attachment: Picture 212.jpg
62.35KB

Download Attachment: Picture 207.jpg
62.66KB

Download Attachment: Picture 211.jpg
61.16KB

·
Registered
833 Posts
Stephen,

The reason I asked about the caliber is because in that same serial range as your PP some were manufactured in .22LR and 9mmK. These are scarce to very rare. Yours is a commercial PP (over 36,000 produced in your serial range with military finish) that was finished externally in what is called a military blue finish. The earlier PPs (early to pre war) had a very smooth high polish blue finish. The finish on the Walthers (and most axis pistols) got progressively less polished as the war proceeded to hasten production. You still got a very sweet deal on your PP. It is hard to date Walther pistols during the war and pre war because of the loss of most production records. However, we know from the Eagle N (E/N) commercial proof that the pistol was manufactured sometime after January of 1940. I would say (and this is just an educated guess) that your PP was produced sometime in mid to late 1942. Others on this forum may have a more precise manufacturing date for you. Again, congratulations on a very nice deal on your PP--I think you paid about half of the current market value!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.