Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have obtained a light tan PO8 holster which I know to be genuine as it was sold with a 1918 Erfurt by a descendent of the person who brought it back in 1918. I am curious about the color and would also like to know the makers name marked on the back as HK O. The H&K are in a monogran format. There is also the number 18.
Bramble

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,110 Posts
Bramble, It might be an original, it might not. Please post a photo or two and I will venture an opinion. A lot happens between 1918 and 2004 so the story you are getting may, or may not, have any validity. I tend to agree, that if the story holds true, it is probably an original holster. One thing collectors are always wary of is the story....Always look at the item, never the story.

Early WW1 holsters started out brown in color and it was later ordered that some German equiptment be dyed black to satisfy the High Command uniform regulations. Yours might have been captured before it was subjected to this requirement.
It would be helpful to see a closeup of the monogram makers mark, the 18, quite possibly, is the date of manufacture.
Welcome to the Forum and I will look forward to your photo's. Jerry Burney

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry. Thanks for your comments. At the moment I do not have the facilities to send pictures. Meanwhile it has been suggested to me that the HK Munchen might stand for Hienrich Krieghoff. I think they may have originally made holsters? If any member has a light brown holster for a 1910 military they would be willing to sell, I would be most interested. Ivor Chapman

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Bramble, Krieghoff was, and still is, a firearm manufacturer located in Suhl. Not likely that they were building holsters in Bavaria. Like Jerry, I would like to see photos.

Tell us about your 1910 military. Is it unit marked?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keok17. My 1910 DWM has a unit mark on the front strap. It is 5.U.8
I thought this might be a Ulanen Regimnet or Unteroffizier schule The holster is stamped in black ink on the inside of the flap RA IX which I thought might stand for Reserve Feldartillerie Regiment 9. I take your point about Krieghoff. Do you - or anyone else - have a list of holster manufactures operating in Munich in 1918? Thanks for the help. Ivor

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Ivor
What is the serial number of your 1910 DWM. I have another recorded (or the same one) as: * 1910 DWM, s/n 9817c : 5.U. 8. - (5 Ulanen-Regiment , Stab, Waffe Nr. 8)
Note: the Unteroffizierschule is a unlikely designation because it should have a school location in the unit mark (see page 63 of The Imperial German Regimental Marking by Noll for a listing of locations).

Is it possible that the RA IX is a B.A. IX. Roman numerals are most often used to signify an Armeekorps. The B.A. would signify the Bekleidungsamt or clothing department (that distributed holsters) of the IX Armeekorps.

Jan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jan:

It's a small world! My Luger is indeed 5817c so you can amend your records accordingly! Are you at liberty to divulge the name of the previous owner or invite them to contact me? the number appears to be outside the previously recorded range? Incidentally I would like to buy another magazine for it if anyone has one for sale.

The reference in the 1918 holster is definitely RA not BA.

Ivor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.