Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

WWI Nagant revolver value (pics added)

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2bnag 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if any Nagant revolver experts can chime in. I was recently shown a 1916 dated Nagant revolver by a family friend that he said he bought about 30 years ago from an elderly lady. He didn't know what it was and has no story as to how it got here.

The weapon functioned in single and double action, and appeared undamaged. Every part I could see was marked with a small hammer or "T". The cylinder had a serial matching the frame around the chambers at the front. There was a small marking on the right of the frame above the grips that I could not identify- it looked like a proof, but I couldn't find a picture on the internet. The bluing was about 70%, absolutely no rust, but it was turning to brown in many places; it appeared to be the original finish. I didn't look in the bore, but the chambers appeared clean and unpitted. Grips were wood and looked dirty but undamaged. There were no import marks of any sort. Sorry no pictures at this time.

The piece came with a leather holster in decent shape, dark with the stitches on one of the belt loops blown out, but soft with no other damage. I suspect someone treated it with neatsfoot oil or something. It had no markings. There were no accessories with it.

Can anyone give me a ballpark value on this piece?

See less See more
#3 ·
Update with pictures

I purchased the gun for $300. The finish is pretty worn on the frame, but the bore and chambers shine. I took it apart, and the interior looks new new. The hammer, trigger, loading gate spring, and a couple of other small parts are fire-blued. Here are the pictures; how did I do? Am I correct that regardless of value, unmolested WWI Nagants are pretty rare?

Attachments

#4 ·
Jetteraf..Please post a name in your member profile. It is a requirement.

I don't know that I have ever seen a Nagant holster made in pigskin? At least I don't remember it if I have.
Would be good to see it with the flap open.

Jerry Burney

#11 ·
$300 WWI Nagant revolver of 2010, ten years ago, is now $1650 in 2021. Pre98 just sold one.. and yours is better - you have original matching wheel. His 1919 revolver has replaced wheel. 500% increase in 10 years.

Those refurbished Nagant are crazy too. They were $80 ten years ago. Now, it is hard to come under $400.... 500, 600 are common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.