Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

WWII FN 1922 Unknown Marking

978 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Keydet92 
#1 ·
Good Evening,
This WWII German FN 1922 was posted over on Gun Values Board and this particular marking is unknown to anyone. I got the OP’s permission to repost and ask around and thought this forum would be the best place to start. It is a looped square on the right rear of the frame. The symbol has Celtic/Baltic/Scandinavian origins and has many names including Bowen Knot and a version of the Norwegian Valknute. The Finns use this symbol in heraldry and to designate historical landmarks. Has anyone seen this before? Our guess is that it was sold surplus post war and stamped by some new government/military/organization.
Wood Tool Hardwood Wood stain Gas

Wood Trigger Hardwood Wood stain Varnish

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Material property

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

See less See more
#5 ·
That mark is new one to me. The gun is a typical WW2 E/Waa140 marked variant. Based on the serial number close to the end before they started with the A suffix in May of 1943. So based on that date, my guess would be some sort of assemblers mark but lets hope Anthony chimes in.

#6 ·
Grüss Gott
The symbol has Celtic/Baltic/Scandinavian origins and has many names including Bowen Knot and a version of the Norwegian Valknute. The Finns use this symbol in heraldry and to designate historical landmarks. Has anyone seen this before?
for me its looks like the same Valknute as it is represent at the SS Chaindagger . Its hold/keep the chains together.

Maybe its a SS gun used by a Division which had the valknuts in the logo, like the Deathead troops ???

#7 · (Edited)
Grüss Gott

for me its looks like the same Valknute as it is represent at the SS Chaindagger . Its hold/keep the chains together.

Maybe its a SS gun used by a Division which had the valknuts in the logo, like the Deathead troops ???
Servus,

Very interesting, thank you. I looked that up and I see the Valknute in the chain just like this one (picture). Has anyone ever seen FN 1922 pistols marked specifically for SS units? If so how are they marked?
Gas Automotive tire Machine Metal Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.