Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
939 Posts
I have a reference that shows IP as Instructor's School. My reference came from a Czech rifle and bayonet collectors' site. I got it several years ago and can't remember specifically where it came from. I have it in PDF form and can attach it here or email it to anyone that is interested. It matches up with Berger's book but goes beyond what he has listed for unit markings.

·
939 Posts
I can scan the docs and make jpg files out of them. I really didn't want to print them and scan them again as someone had scanned a document that had been copied 50 times so the overall quality has diminished but is useable. There are marks that match with Berger's book and there are many more Berger doesn't have listed. There are two more pages in the PDF which contain proof marking info like Berger has in his book. As you can see, this information was taken from a reference book written in the Czech language. The translation for IP was Instructor's School but the word prapor means batallion in my translator. Maybe it should be Instructor's Batallion? Maybe not.
Font Number Document
Font Number Document Parallel Pattern

·
939 Posts
I don't know why weapons couldn't be assigned to a school. I wish the quality of the document was better. I have run a lot of words through a translator and the results are mostly the same as whoever translated the pages. Some of the words I get no results at all. Back to IP, the original translator said Instructor's School, but Prapor translates to batallion and there are other examples where prapor was called batallion by the original translator of these documents. Also, the idea of an Instructor's School or Batallion. Instructors of what? I have no idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts